Rob Cahill has over 20 years of litigation and appellate experience. He currently serves as national counsel for several manufacturers defending and managing litigation pending against those clients on a nationwide basis. Rob has significant experience handling products liability, government liability, construction, zoning, business and commercial disputes, warranty, personal injury, and aviation based cases.
- United States District Courts
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., cum laude, 1997
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 2000
- St. Edward Legal Eagles Officer: President (2020 - 2022), Awards Chair (2018-2020) and Seminar Chair (2016-2018)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Chair, Vice-Chair, Program Chair and Secretary/Treasurer Litigation Section (2007-2015)
- John M. Manos American Inn of Court (2017-Present)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Academy of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Lawyers Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
- Obtained directed verdict three days after suit was filed on behalf of the City of Lakewood where vanquished mayoral candidate sought an injunction to prevent City Council from enacting an ordinance that resulted in a $50 million agreement between the City and a major health care provider. Michael Skindell vs. Mary Louise Madigan, Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Case No. CV-855961.
- Obtained writ of prohibition for the Lorain County Commissioners against the Lorain County Court of Common Pleas Judges in the Supreme Court of Ohio arising from an improper court order concerning funding. State ex rel. Lorain Cnty. Bd. of Comm'rs v. Lorain Cnty., 143 Ohio St. 3d 522, 2015-Ohio-3704, 39 N.E.3d 1245.
- St. Edward High School Alumni Association Board of Trustees President (2019-2021), Secretary (2015-2019), Treasurer (2012-2014), and Member (2008-2014, 2015-2020).
- St. Edward High School Mock Trial Program Advisor (2010-present)
- St. Mel Catholic Church Baptism Class Instructor, Lector, and Eucharistic Minister
- Little League Coach: Puritas Baseball (2018-present), West Denison Baseball (2015-2018)
- CYO Basketball Coach, St. Mark (2018-2020)
- Coach, St. Mark Intramural Basketball (2016-2018)
- City of Cleveland Assessment Equalization Board Member (2019 – 2020), Chair (2020-Present)