Denise Dickerson’s practice is focused on handling catastrophic cases involving products liability, environmental/toxic torts and medical malpractice claims. With more than twenty years of experience, and four state licenses, she serves as regional trial counsel for numerous automobile manufacturers. To date, Dickerson has handled cases in more than 20 states.
- West Virginia
- United States District Courts
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Eastern District of Tennessee
- Middle District of Tennessee
- Western District of Tennessee
- Eastern District of Michigan
- District of Colorado
- Southern District of West Virginia
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Temple University, B.S., cum laude, 1989
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1995
- Fellow, Cleveland Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Product Liability Advisory Council
- Served as national counsel for a product packaging company, including coordination of defense in MDL and in post-litigation apportionment proceedings and arbitration.
- Serves as regional trial counsel for automobile manufacturer in defense of product claims.
- Successfully defended railroad tank car manufacturer in case involving closed head injury in longest civil trial in Hamilton County, Ohio, history.
- Representation of a retailer of a private labeled product in class actions in Ohio and New York.
- Defended and favorably resolved wrongful death claim in case alleging defects in a home appliance.
- Obtained summary judgment of a wrongful death claim for a major automobile manufacturer.
- Obtained defense verdict at trial on behalf of a major auto manufacturer in a case alleging breach of warranty.
- Author: “A Doctor’s Duty to Disclose Life Expectancy to Terminally Ill Patients”, Cleveland State Law Review, Vol. 43, No. 2 (1995)
- Author: "Navigating Today's Roadmap for Tomorrow's Advance Automotive Technologies", DRI News, January, 2016
- Co-Author: "Recent Legislation Intended to Bolster Cybersecurity", For the Defense, December 2020
- Dickerson is committed to fundraising for the American Cancer Society to increase pancreatic cancer awareness.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (Former Chair, Automotive Specialized Litigation Group)
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- International Legal Technology Association
Awards & Recognition
- Lawyer Monthly, Women in Law Award for Product Liability, 2019
- VIP Woman of the Year, National Association of Professional Women, 2013
- Rated AV/Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell