Britt Phillips, who manages the Nashville office of Sutter O’Connell, has worked for the last fifteen years in the areas of products liability, commercial litigation, trucking and transportation and intellectual property areas of law. His success is based on careful attention to detail and thorough preparation of background materials and strategies.
- United States District Courts
- Eastern District of Tennessee
- Western District of Tennessee
- Middle District of Tennessee
- Eastern District of Arkansas
- Western District of Arkansas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Louisiana Tech University, University of Tennessee, B.A., 1992
- Nashville School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Obtained defense verdict in case involving flammable waterproofing product where Plaintiff received over 60% total body burns.
- Represented trademark holder in enforcement lawsuit resulting in jury awarding trademark holder damages in excess of $5 million. Established law in the Sixth Circuit finding contributory liability under the Lanham Act for trademark infringement. 717 F.3d 498 (6th Cir., 2013).
- Successful defense of glue manufacturer where paper company alleged massive box failures and damages of approximately $4 million; jury trial resulted in defense verdict.
- When Britt isn’t in the office, you can find him volunteering as a coach for his kids’ football, basketball and soccer teams and spending time outdoors.
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute