Daniel has gained a wealth of trial lawyering experience since joining the firm. He is well-versed in numerous practice areas including premises liability, products liability, and personal injury. He handles a diversity of cases such as motor vehicle and trucking accidents, workplace injuries, and contract disputes. Daniel is also an integral part of the firm’s medical malpractice team where he contributes to discovery, writing, and research efforts. Daniel also defends municipalities, governmental entities, and public officials against civil rights claims and alleged constitutional violations. When a case is appealed, Daniel plays an active role in the firm’s appellate division and has authored numerous appellate briefs and petitions to the Ohio Supreme Court.
- United States District Courts
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Ohio University, B.A., cum laude, 2009
- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012
- Obtained summary judgment in catastrophic industrial accident involving severe third-degree burns after successfully arguing that the alleged hazard was open and obvious, the plaintiff assumed the risk, and the defendant did not owe any legal duties.
- Obtained summary judgments in two different products liability suits—one against food manufacturer and one against an auto manufacturer—after successfully arguing that the plaintiffs’ failed to disclose their claims in bankruptcy.
- Assisted in obtaining a defense jury verdict in a case involving a multiple fatality trailer accident after a three week trial.
- Author: “Blaming the Employer: Strategies for Reducing Exposure”, Ohio Lawyer Magazine (November 2016)
- Author: “Ohio Civ. R.41(A) Notice of Voluntary Dismissal: How One Word Can Make All the Difference”, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Journal (July 2013)
- The University of Akron School of Law’s Mock Trial Program has benefited from four years of Daniel’s coaching efforts, giving back to his alma mater. Dan also serves an advisor to the mock trial program at a middle school in East Cleveland, Ohio.
- Public Service Liaison, DRI Retail and Hospitality Division
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Star, 2016-2017