Adam Martin is dedicated to helping his clients solve problems. With over a decade of experience, Martin’s trial practice focuses on general liability, legal and medical malpractice, trucking and transportation, and products liability cases. He has also successfully defended governmental entities and private clients against civil rights claims brought under 42 U.S.C. Section 1983. Martin works to create the most positive outcomes possible for his clients. He has represented Fortune 500 companies, local law enforcement, doctors and nurses, restaurants and rental property companies, and product manufacturers from around the world.
- West Virginia
- United States District Courts
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- Northern District of West Virginia
- Southern District of West Virginia
- Northern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2000
- The University of Akron School of Law , J.D., 2004
- Obtained defense verdict at trial on behalf of national trucking company and its driver arising from motor vehicle collision.
- Defended and favorably resolved wrongful death claim in case alleging malpractice against county jail medical staff.
- Successfully defended Big Three automobile manufacturer in numerous breach of warranty and consumer protection statute trials and binding arbitrations.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of dentist at correctional facility accused of malpractice in case involving severe infection resulting in permanent neurological injuries. Judgment upheld on appeal.
- Defended county nurses against 42 U.S.C. 1983 civil rights claims arising out of use of anti-suicide gowns.
- Prevailed on summary judgment and subsequent appeal defending a national broadcast satellite service provider in negligence case where a roofer allegedly tripped over a cable causing him to fall and suffer spinal injuries and paralysis.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Correctional Association
Awards & Recognition
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010